Over the last 2 months, McKenna Consultants have been running a series of SAFe® Planning in Action workshops across the UK. The feedback has been great so we are announcing further dates!
We have been successfully running these sessions for local community groups and have now decided to bring one of the key and most valuable ceremonies of the SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework®) process to a wider audience within the software development community.
We are now lined up to run the workshop at two huge conferences – Agile Tour London and Lean Agile Scotland.
The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) has a special event that is held for every Program Increment (5 sprints-ish). This is a large scale, collaborative event including everyone from the Agile Release Train (50 people plus). These workshops are highly interactive events where all participants are involved in one of many teams collaborating together to plan a single Program Increment for a single product. The schedule roughly contains:
- Overview of SAFe® Program Increment Planning
- (Fictional) Business Context
- Product / Solution Vision
- Architecture Vision And Development Practices
- Planning Session 1
- Draft Plan Review
- Planning Session 2
- Final Plan Review
- Risk ROAMing
- Confidence Vote
These will be fast-paced, high octane sessions with a lot of fun!
Nick McKenna, the founder and CEO of McKenna Consultants, and Aaron McKenna are SAFe® Program Consultants (SPC) and will be running the sessions.
If you would like to attend one of these sessions below (completed workshops are ruled out), sign up (most groups are on meetup.com) for FREE (unless stated) today:
Thursday 25th June 2015 – Agile North 2015 (Conference ticket required) Wednesday 15th July 2015 – Lean Agile Manchester Wednesday 22nd July 2015 – Agile Nottingham Thursday 30th July 2015 – Derbyshire Dot Net Wednesday 26th August 2015 – Swindon Agile Practitioners Thursday 27th August 2015 – Agile in Covent Garden
- Thursday 24th September 2015 – Brighton Lean Agile Group
- Thursday 1st October 2015 – Agile Cork, Ireland
- Thursday 8th October 2015 – Lean Agile Scotland (Conference ticket required)
- Tuesday 13th October 2015 – Agile North East
- Friday 23rd October 2015 – Agile Tour London 2015 (Conference ticket required)
- Wednesday 28th October 2015 – Agile Derby
- Tuesday 10th November 2015 – Agile Yorkshire
- Thursday 26th November 2015 – South Wales Agile Group
We look forward to seeing lots of faces eager to learn about how to scale agile!